My Little Belleville S/S '15

Wednesday, April 1, 2015







































My Little Belleville Spring/Summer 2015 is now officially launched!!!

The concept was simple. Fun, quirky, spring, fresh, lively, natural... all of what I try to capture within my products when I design them. Utilitarian above all; I want these to be items you actually wear. 

The blouse is a printed silk, the skirt, a soft rayon, and the collars, made from a lined cotton,
 made by Galina Licheva artist and owner of A Guide for Dreamers based in Bulgaria. 
We collaborated on those hand collars last fall, and decided to expand even more for spring.
 Galina is so talented, and I love designing with her. 
She always takes my designs a step further, and the execution is impeccable.

 The swimsuits are some of my favorites as well. They are lined and very flattering on all body types.. I've been so impressed by their cut. One-pieces can be so weird sometimes! These, however, have beautiful coverage, and are so comfortable. Maybe I'll wear mine all summer. Starting now? (Still to cold Londoners?) You can also wear the Des Fleurs swimsuit with the Des Fleurs SKIRT. Isn't that novel? Then with one swift switch, it can be swim-time. Perfect. 
And don't forget, all the rings shown here are hand-painted by moi, but the settings are made by the talented Malinda Fisher from Desert Rose Jewelry
You can see more in the shop.

This line was a process of inspirations- from the Hands of Humanity, to the Face Collars, to the Des Fleurs skirt. I designed all of the fabrics using acrylics, and brush and ink first, then had them printed onto fabric. I've been working with Print All Over Me, a print and manufacturing studio based in Shanghai, to help me produce my work, and it has been so fun to take my illustrations and see them in the form of CLOTHES.

The shoot took place in South Kensington in some lovely mews, with the most wonderful, colorful backdrops- I couldn't have asked for a better setting (and I know there are so many more in this city) Kami Weddick was my designated and incredibly fun and talented photographer, she captured Alex in such gorgeous, classic, and quirky ways. Helen McDonald was our makeup and hair- she works on sets of movies and TV shows all day long (including Downton Abbey) so she worked her own magic on this shoot.

A huge Thank You to my team and all of the people who have been working on this over the last few months. 
It's come together wonderfully.

Each item is custom-printed and custom made, so please allow 2-4 weeks for production when you place your order. Which, you can finally do.... 

Model: Alexandra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger