Do Something.

Sunday, June 12, 2016




Usually this is a place of beauty and inspiration for me to express myself on. But I feel strongly about this and I hope you will be patient with me. After hearing about the shooting in Orlando, I am once again outraged that we haven't been able to do anything to prevent this from happening in a country where we can make a difference in profound ways. WHY IS NOTHING HAPPENING.

I've written both my home-state rep, and senator, as well as Congress, to do something to prevent dangerous people attaining guns in our country. It may or may not do anything, but power comes in numbers.

Here is what I sent, feel free to copy, paste, with your own name and rep/senator/congressman, and send to your own via these links. 

To find your own senator: http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
For your state rep: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
For Congress: http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Dear Senator Hatch,

I am writing to urge you to vote to close the deadly loopholes in our laws that make it too easy for dangerous people to get guns. The federal government currently can’t block firearm sales to suspected terrorists, and I’m begging you to close this deadly loophole in our gun laws immediately.

The bottom line is this: Lax gun laws allow suspected terrorists to buy guns on our soil. Organizations like al Qaeda are well aware of this, and even instruct would-be terrorists to exploit them in the U.S. If you’re a suspected terrorist, you shouldn’t be able to buy a gun, and I hope you will address this glaring national security issue.

Background checks are supported by over 90 percent of all Americans and are a commonsense tool for keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, terrorists and the dangerously mentally ill.
It’s time to end the epidemic of gun violence in our country. Thank you for doing what is right for the people of [your state] and the United States.

Thank you,

Michelle Christensen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger