Spring and Berries.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014


Today felt like the first of Spring. I spent the day outside, wandering about with my husband. We ate our lunch on our porch and mused about our garden this year. People were milling about, running, walking, just enjoying the sunshine with their pets and loved ones. I closed my eyes and just let it soak in.

Winters are hard on me, and I think this one in particular was very busy. Being an artist full time is hard work. And because I love so much what I do, and invest 100% physically and emotionally, I tend to burn the candle at both ends. But good things are happening, and all of this hard work is paying off.

 I felt a lightness today for the first time in a while as the sun came peeking it's beautiful face into mine.  We bought our tickets to go back to my second home this summer (China) a few weeks ago, and it makes me so happy we'll be visiting for so long. We will be going to Beijing and then visiting my parents in Taiwan. I can't wait to go to the markets and walk the streets downtown, by Tienanmen, hike the Great Wall, visit my old house, and see people I haven't seen in a few years. It's such a relief for me to go back there. It's where my soul feels really at peace.

These photos today melted together so well, and I recently dyed my hair a warmer shade (like above), since the blue had made it ashy and cold. I want it to be summer, and I think my mind is already moving in that direction.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger