Pancake Day? Pancake Day!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015



So it's Pancake Day today in London! Supposedly this was the day (aka Shrove Tuesday) that was dedicated to clearing out the cupboards of tempting treats and baking goodies before the first day of Lent, when you give up all of those things. I think it was narrowed down to pancakes, which are now celebrated on this day, and there are many pancake races all over the city. Pancake races you ask? Yes, pancake races. Where people run with skillets and have to flip the pancake inside it at certain points.
It is kind of like a relay race.

I went to the one in Borough Market. There were a bunch of people gathered already, and I watched a bunch of different people race to the end. It lasted only about 30 minutes, and then the rest of the time we stood in line for some pancakes. I had some delicious gluten-free ones made from coconut milk. 
I need that recipe. 

Here's to eating as many pancakes as you can until tomorrow!!
Read more about Pancake Day here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger