S k c h b k Philly

Sunday, September 18, 2016



Oh it's been so long since I've posted anything. Quite honestly I have had my hands full with freelance and projects, and I sometimes don't feel like I can catch up or even post what would be interesting or relevant. 

I've been doing design work for a large company here in Philly, and it takes a lot of my time. You will most likely see my work very soon in stores this fall and this following year. I'll be sure to post all about it when items are out. 

I also have finished my book about biracial adoption with author Rachel Patten. It will be out so soon, so keep your eyes here too! I'll post some of the illustrations. She wrote it about her own experience with adopting her two little babies, and asked me to illustrate it. It's very sweet. It takes a big and open heart to take in the little ones of others. But I also think it's our capacity to want to love and give children our best, that drives us. I have no children of my own, but I am significantly touched by others' willingness to sacrifice and love when it is hard.

I'm in the midst of feeling at home in my new environment here in Philadelphia. I have been new so many times, moving around so much. You'd think I'd be used to it. I don't think being new in a new place is so unique though. Yes it's very unsettling (literally) but being in any new circumstance is hard. It's beginning new experiences, whether it be within in a new job, a new environment, or a new chapter in your life. It's knowing how to accept those changes, be open, hold tight to memories and keeping in contact with others you knew in your life and love.


1 comments:

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger