Go Jane Give: I Stand With You

Saturday, January 28, 2017





It has been an interesting week. But not in a good way. I've seen nothing but bigotry at its best. Last weekend I had the opportunity to march in The Women's March in DC. Never have I seen so many people peacefully protesting the rights of humanity. I loved it, and felt so uplifted afterwards. Each person there was marching for their own individual cause. This was mine.

I grew up the daughter of a diplomat, most in China and South Africa. I grew up surrounded by so many different cultures. It was normal for me to have friends from all over the world. When I moved back to the USA, I felt a reverse culture-shock because of all the Americans I was surrounded by. But soon, I too was able to see the diversity within our own country.
I feel most comfortable when I have friends from other places, because then it feels like home to me.

OUR COUNTRY is made up of immigrants. Refugees. People from all over. It is NOT okay what is happening. And I am indignant and incensed that we are turning people away just because of their religion. That is NOT America. We help people because we are inherently good. I want to believe that.

I've begun my own (small) campaign on Go Jane Give to help refugees. ALL proceeds go to Refuge Point. Refuge Point provides lasting solutions for the world’s most at-risk refugees. They identify and protect refugees who have fallen through the cracks of humanitarian assistance and have no other options for survival, in particular women, children, and urban refugees.

Show your love and support of your community and our wonderful diverse country with these stickers and postcards. Each 5X7 postcard is printed with a beautiful luxe finish, of an illustration that says I Stand with You, in English, Spanish, and Arabic. They have an area on the back to write a note to spread your love to anyone in the world. Also can be placed in the window of your house.

Donate what you wish for 1 postcard

$12  for a pack of 5 postcards

$5 for 10 stickers.

$18 for an 8X9 inch print

Stand with me so we can stand together, for goodness, for humanity, for our country, and for the world.

Click here for your own illustration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger