Your Inner Critic is a Big Jerk

Saturday, December 17, 2016






Go to The House that Lar's Built for my newest illustration for her monthly book club. This month they read Your Inner Critic is a Big Jerk by The Jealous Curator's Danielle Krysa. It's such a cute and fast read, and will help you through your own journey as a creative. Even though I do this for a living, I still find myself criticizing my work ALL THE TIME. One of the things I loved in the book was how she tells us to celebrate our accomplishments instead of trying to go on to the next thing all the time. I do this constantly. Once I've achieved something, I hardly ever let myself enjoy the moments of success without thinking, oh man I should have done that, and next time I'll do that...etc..etc... So thank you Danielle, I will be changing that habit.

 I loved the chapter in the book about jealousy so I made the bookmark all about it "I'm jealous of you because I want to be like you" which is, truly, at the root of most jealousy.

Don't be jealous, just read this book, and create your unique things with a heart full of you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© My Little Belleville All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger